Indianapolis Physical Therapy Services
HEALTH 1st Physical Rehabilitation of Indianapolis believes in treating patients with proven, tested and scientifically sound physical therapy treatments. We use a hands on approach to relieve your pain or stress and get you moving again.
Benefits to You
You will benefit from Dr. Dunham’s extensive experience in treating and restoring function in patients with a wide array of spinal, joint and muscle related problems. Here are some benefits of our physical therapy services:
- We will tell you the truth about your condition and what needs to be done to get you on the mend.
- Treatment is focused on rapid pain relief followed by improvement to mobility and function.
- We help restore mobility and function quickly in the vast majority of our patients.
- Expect one on one counseling and a hands on approach. Dr. Dunham is always willing to answer questions and concerns you have about your treatment.
- Expect short wait times (sometimes emergencies or delays may arise but normal practice gets you in and out on time). We have many patients that need to get back to their job quickly after their treatments.
- We file your insurance claims for you.
- Reduced cost massage therapy from a licensed massage therapist is available for patients.
Physical Therapy Treatment
Your treatment begins with a thorough evaluation of your condition, which may include x-rays and other tests as needed. After a diagnosis, Dr. Dunham will talk with you about what your condition means for you and what you can expect over the next weeks and months.
Depending on your condition we will use a combination of the following physical therapy treatments and techniques:
- Manual therapy and manipulation to improve connective tissue, muscle and joint function.
- Stretching to reduce tightness and improve your range of motion and flexibility.
- Massage therapy or application of deep pressure to injured areas.
- Motor control training and core stability exercises.
- Neuromuscular re-education.
- Supervised exercises in our office and a regimen for home if needed.
- Heat and/or cold presses along with electrical stimulation, ultrasound and traction to reduce swelling and improve mobility.
- Education about your injury or condition including: avoiding movements that aggravate your condition, posture guidance and future injury prevention.
We are experts in motion, alignment, joint use and muscle usage. We want to get you back to living your life’s potential as safely and quickly as possible. Give us a call (317) 253-1644 to schedule a physical therapy evaluation today.
We Can Help Relieve Your Pain and Stress
Let us help you relieve and manage your pain and stress. We can help you if you are experiencing these and many other symptoms:
- frequent headaches
- lower back, mid back, and upper back pain
- neck and shoulder pain (especially related to computer work and work activities)
- hip and sciatica pain
- knee pain
- wrist and arm pain
- radiating or shooting pain to the arms, wrists, shoulders and down your legs
- neurological pain
Call (317) 721-7698 to schedule an appointment.